To qualify for the program, applicants are assessed on the following criteria. Québec’s Regulation respecting the Selection of Foreign Nationals defines an investor as a foreign national at least 18 years old:
- Have, alone or with his accompanying spouse, including de facto spouse, net assets of at least $1,600,000 CAN obtained legally, excluding the amounts received by donation less than six months before the date on which the application was filed.
- Have experience in management in a legal farming, commercial or industrial business, or in a legal professional business where the staff, excluding the investor, occupies at least the equivalent of two full-time jobs, or for an international agency or a government or one of its departments or agencies;
- Who comes to settle and to invest in Québec in accordance with the provisions of the Regulation.
To qualify as an investor, a candidate must also demonstrate:
– that he has signed an investment agreement with a broker or trust company authorized to work with the immigrant investor program and calling for a commitment to invest $800,000 for a term of five years.
– Quebec define management experience as the exercise, for at least two years in the five years preceding the application for a selection certificate, of duties related to the planning, management and control of financial resources and of human or material resources under your authority; the experience does not include experience acquired in the context of an apprenticeship, training or specialization process attested to by a diploma. and
– that he qualifies under the selection grid (required elements and passing score).
Main Features of the Quebec Program:
Minimum investment: C$800,000 (Financing options available)
Investment term: five years
Interest on the investment: 0%
Withdrawals: No withdrawals are permitted during the five-year period
Guarantee: The investment is guaranteed by a five-year Term. Note payable to the order of the Investor in the amount of C$800,000 issued by IQ Immigrants Investisseurs Inc. which is fully and unconditionally guaranteed by the Government of Quebec.
Financial Intermediary:An approved and authorized Institution by the Quebec Immigration to participate in the Immigration program
Financing option: Financing plan allows investors the possibility of borrowing and therefore, only investing a portion of the minimum investment required while still satisfying all the program requirements.
New applications under Quebec Investor category will be accepted from August 1, 2013. Only 2000 applications will be accepted..