Canadian Provincial Governments share responsibilities for assisting farm business people to immigrate to certain provinces through the Provincial Nominee Program for Farmers. The Farmer Nominee Program allows Provinces to recruit and nominate qualified farm business people and farm owners who have the intent and ability to move to the nominated province and establish or purchase a farm or become partners in an existing farm business. To qualify under the program applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum personal net worth of CDN$150,000 and above as per the provincial requirement
- Make a minimum amount of equity investment of CDN$150,000 and above as per the provincial requirement
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of farm ownership experience, or three (3) years farm management background.
- Applicant has marketable skills that would supplement farm income.
- Have conducted a visit to the interested province where they want to settle to investigate farming opportunities and province’s quality of life prior to applying.