Immigration and Business Consultancy for Canada

Get Adobe Flash player

Work Permit is a document issued by the Canadian government that permits a foreign worker to legally work in Canada for a temporary period. Certain nationals of foreign countries are exempted from Work permit.


Generally, there is a two step procedure involved in obtaining a work permit authorization.

Before being able to apply for a Work Permit, applicants are in most cases, required to obtain what is known as a job offer validation at first stage. A job offer validation is approved and issued by Service Canada (formerly HRSDC). 

Once the validation has been approved, the foreign worker can apply for a Work Permit at a Canadian Consulate or High Commission outside of Canada. In some cases, the foreign worker will be required to attend an interview with a visa officer. Work Permit will be issued, if the Visa Officer is satisfied that the foreign worker's employment will not adversely affect employment prospects for Canadians, and if the foreign worker qualifies for the position.

There are certain occupations which are exempted from the validation process.

1. Foreign Students holding a Canadian Study Permit 

2. Citizens of the United States whose occupations fall under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). 

3. Spouses of Highly Skilled Workers

Live-in Caregiver program is for the foreign workers willing to work as Live-in caregiver for providing care for children, elderly persons or persons with disabilities in private homes without supervision.

At Transglobe Consultancy Services Inc., Toronto, Canada we provide professional guidance to foreign workers in all categories for obtaining work permit. If you are exploring for Work permit please contact us on  This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  or call on 1-416-8228552.